Presentation of a poster provides an opportunity for effective one-to-one communication. The longer presentation time of the poster session enables you to present a more in-depth description and discussion of your work.
To make a successful poster presentation:
- Put your poster up at least 1/2 hour prior to the start of the poster session.
- Your poster must correspond to the title and content of the abstract you submitted.
- Your poster size must be either A0 or A1 and consist of materials that can be mounted easily with push pins.
- Plan your poster to be in logical sequence, i.e. introduction, study design and methods, data collected, conclusion.
- Posters should be designed for clear viewing from a distance of beyond 1 m so that they can be viewed by a number of people at the same time.
- To ensure visual effectiveness of your poster, use large lettering and a minimum of text.
- Use of color can visually enhance your poster.
- Remove your poster immediately at the close of the poster session.