Welcome to ISMI-ICTAS18. A joint conference that focusses on all areas of mathematics applications. The conference will be held at UTM Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from Sept 4 through Sept 6, 2018.
The International Seminar on Mathematics in Industry (ISMI) has established itself as an excellent platform for mathematical scientists and industry practitioners to share their experiences in handling real industrial problem through mathematical ideas for some years now. The first ISMI was held in 2013, and another 2017. Since then, closer ties between mathematical scientists and industry partners in Malaysia have been forged through various successful project collaborations.
This year, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) the host of ISMI strengthens the tradition of conference excellence by joining forces with another conference series by Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Indonesia i.e. the International Conference on Theoretical and Applied Statistics (ICTAS), which gears towards areas of statistics and quantitative methods.Thus, we invite mathematical scientists, engineers and industrial practitioners to join us at ISMI-ICTAS18.
The theme of the conference is STEM Harnesses 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR) Challenges & Opportunities. This event includes lectures, research paper presentations and the Malaysian Mathematics In Industry Workshop (MMIW2018).
ISMI-ICTAS18 is a collaborative effort between the main organiser, UTM-Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (UTM-CIAM) and UTM Department of Mathematical Sciences, ITS Department of Statistics , ITS Department of Mathematics, Oxford Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (OCIAM) and Asia Pacific Consortium of Mathematics for Industry (APCMfI).
- To gather leading researchers experienced in industrial applications.
- To provide a platform for researchers and industry practitioners to share their experiences in industry using mathematical and statistical tools.
- To strengthen collaborations among mathematicians and statisticians from around the world.
- To promote and support the broad use of mathematical models in diverse applications for a sustainable environment and optimal allocation of resources.
SCOPE OF SEMINAR
Research and development in Mathematics for Industrial and Real Applications in the broad areas of:
- Applied Mathematics
- Theoretical Statistics
- Applied Statistics
- Operational Research
- Computational Mathematics