HAND ON FINITE DIFFERENCE METHOD VIA MATLAB PROGRAMMING
This is a one-day workshop to stimulate work in computational science by providing participants with hands-on experience with numerical method and their applications. This is a pre-workshop held in conjunction with the ISMI-ICTAS18. A discounted fee will be given for participants of ISMI-ICTAS18.
The workshop is organised by UTM Centre for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (UTM-CIAM) and UTM Department of Mathematical Sciences, Faculty of Science.
Date: 3rd September 2018 (Monday)
Time: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Venue: SPS Computer Lab, 2nd Floor, Menara Razak, UTM Kuala Lumpur
To provide a basic knowledge in both theoretical and hand on Matlab programming of finite difference method for analysis in engineering application.
NOTE: Please bring along laptop with Matlab/ GNU Octave (GNU free software) program installed.
- Time dependent 1D boundary value problem (BVP)– introduction of explicit scheme, accuracy and stability via Von Neumann, stability analysis, implicit scheme, solution of linear system
- Root finding via Newton Method
- Time dependent 2D BVP– explicit scheme, accuracy and stability via Von Neumann, stability analysis
- Time dependent 2D BVP using FDM – implicit scheme
The fees are inclusive of workshop kits, certificate and meals. Certificate of Attendance will be given to all participants who have completed the workshop.
Payment can be made through:
- Vote transfer (UTM staff only, an invoice will be given by the secretariat)
- Invoice (kindly notify the secretariat for an invoice)
- Bank transfer to:
Account holder: BENDAHARI UTM
Bank name: CIMB Bank Berhad
Account no: 8006053536
Kindly provide us your proof of payment and email to email@example.com
To register, click here!!