About us | Organization Chart | Lab Coordinators | Support Staff | List of Labs | Safety Guidelines | Lab reservation & rate| Equipment Rental Form | Procedure after Hours | Forms | Faculty of Science Lab Management | OSHE | Department of Mathematical Sciences |Software|UTM Cyberubp|CICT High performance Computing (HPC)|UPMU
Mathematics computer laboratories at the Faculty of Science are managed by the Department of Mathematical Sciences.
There are three mathematics computer laboratories at the Faculty of Science. Each laboratory has different seating capacities ranging from 30 to 60 desktop PCs. These are mainly teaching labs equipped with mathematical and productivity software.
|No.||Lab||Location||No. computers (excluding instructor’s)|
|1||Mathematics Lab 1||C22- Level 3||40 (seating capacity=60)|
|2||Mathematics Lab 2||C22-Level 3||30 (seating capacity=30)|
|3||Mathematics Lab 3||C22-Level 3||60 (seating capacity=60)|
Mathematical software packages include Visual C++, R, MATLAB, Maple, Minitab, SPSS, Simul8, COMSOL, WinEdt for LaTeX and more. You will be able to gain experience in these packages during practical sessions that form part of the many courses taught specifically at the Dept. of Mathematical Sciences.
Other useful packages include Adobe and Microsoft Office applications.
Most of these softwares are downloadable from UTM DIGITAL via the University’s network. (ACID login required).
General Lab Policies:
- All computer laboratories are generally open for reserved lectures and general usage for Faculty of Science students and staff;
- Students may access the lab outside class/tutorial hours (walk-in use) by permission from computer lab personnel.
- Any request for long running use of a dedicated PC should be made via email addressed to the Math Computer lab coordinator. We will only consider requests for computer use during semester breaks.
- Access to unrelated websites particularly social media websites such as Facebook are not allowed especially during lectures.
- Do not use the computers in the lab as a permanent file storage. You may store temporary files in Partition D during class and remove them immediately after each session.
- Users are not allowed to install or remove any software/hardware in the laboratories.
- Pirate software copies are not allowed to be installed at any computers in the laboratories.
- No uncovered beverages are allowed in the lab.
- No food is allowed in the lab.
- For assistance in using the computing facilities in laboratories, users may contact the laboratory technical personnel En. Mohd Fauzi /En. Khasbullah.
Lab Reservations and other services:
To book a lab and to find out more on other services that we offer, please click here.
Dr. Norhaiza Ahmad
Mathematics Computer Lab Coordinator
Level 4, C22-445
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Science
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
|En. Mohd Fauzi Md. Arif||C22||
|En. Mohd Khasbullah Misrun||C22||
|Tc. En. Zulfauzi Zakaria||C22||