THE FIFTH | ISM-V
ISM INTERNATIONAL STATISTICAL CONFERENCE 2021
INSTITUTE OF STATISTICS MALAYSIA
Institute of Statistics Malaysia (ISMy) was registered under the Societies Act 1966 as a non-profit making body on 17 August 1984. The idea of establishing such a society was initiated on 20 May 1981 with the setting up of a Pro-team Committee for ISMy.
To be a leading organization in promoting the proper practice, propagation and dissemination of statistical knowledge for the benefits of society.
- Actively participate in the improvement of statistical education at all levels;
- Promote excellence in statistical practice, research, and publication;
- Enhance society’s awareness of the value of statistical method;
- Increase the visibility of the statistics profession;
- Diversify career opportunities for statisticians; and
- Expand its circle of influence through interactions with professional societies, government agencies, and other organizations.