Programme Name: Master of Philosophy, Field of Research : Bioscience
- Master of Philosophy, Filed of Research : Bioscience
- Entry Requirement
- Programme Objectives
- Career Prospects
- Programme Learning Outcomes
- Classification of Subjects
|Awarding Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Teaching Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Programme Name||Master of Philosophy (Bioscience)|
||Master of Philosophy, Field of Research : Bioscience|
|Professional or Statutory Body of Accreditation
||Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi|
|Language(s) of Instructions
||Bahasa Melayu & English|
|Mode of Study||Conventional|
|Mode of operation||Self-govern|
|Study Scheme||Full Time and Part time|
Full Time: Minimum: 1½ years; Maximum: 3 years
Part Time: Minimum: 2 years; Maximum: 4 years
|Type of Semester||No. of Semesters||No. of weeks per semester|
|Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time|
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- A Master’s Degree from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other Institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates who a currently registered in a Master’s Degree programme at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and approved by the Graduate Studies Committee of the respective faculty and the Senate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with good honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- A qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate.
PEO1: Knowledgeable and skillful in catering to knowledge-intensive industries in the field of science and mathematics through application of research and innovation skills.
PEO2: Competent to inform and share, advice and improve on contemporary issues, new solutions and innovations for development and advancement in the field of science and mathematics.
PEO3: Equipped with professional skills critical to excel within a multicultural, transnational work and learning environment.
Graduates of the program can work as
- Research scientist
- Academician (Tutor, lecturer, teacher)
- Quality control / Assurance Officer
- Product Specialist
- Sales Executive for biotech product
- Environmental safety officer
PLO1 (KW) : Apply knowledge critically to solve complex problem or issues through research using innovative techniques, tools, skills for decision making and producing new ideas and solution.
PLO2 (CG) : Exemplify capacity to solve and manage complex problems or issues in research filed.
PLO3 (PS): Demonstrate technical skills and practices to solve research problems. with reasonable degree of originality.
PLO4 (IPS): Work together and collaboratively with different people in learning, communities and other groups and networks, ethically and professionally
PLO5 (CS): Communicate clearly the knowledge, skills, ideas using appropriate methods to peers, experts, and non-experts through various medium.
PLO6 (DS): Use a broad range of information, media, digital technologies and software to support research works or studies.
PLO7 (NS): Show skills in designing, planning evaluation activities, and analysing numerical and graphical data using quantitative or qualitative tools in solving problems.
PLO8 (LAR): Demonstrate leadership, autonomy and responsibility in conducting and managing own research and resources.
PLO9 (PRS): Exemplify self-advancement through continuous academic development.
PLO10 (ENT) : Demonstrate entrepreneurial characteristics
PLO11 (ETS):Demonstrate adherence to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice as a postgraduate student.
|No||Year Offered||Course Code||Course Name||
|1||1||UHXP/UHXW 6XX3||Compulsory university course||Elective||3||Offered by University|
|2||1||USCP0010||Research Methodology||Major||0||Offered by Faculty|