Programme Name: Master of Philosophy, Field of Research : Chemistry
Last update 24 February 2021
- Master of Philosophy, Field of Research : Chemistry
- Entry Requirement
- Programme Objectives
- Programme Learning Outcomes
- Classification of Subjects
- Career Prospects
|Awarding Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Teaching Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Programme Name||Master of Philosophy in Chemistry|
||Master of Philosophy, Field of Research : Chemistry|
|Professional or Statutory Body of Accreditation
||Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi|
|Language(s) of Instructions
||Bahasa Melayu & English|
|Mode of Study||Conventional|
|Mode of operation||Self-govern|
|Study Scheme||Full Time and Part time|
Full Time: Minimum: 1 years; Maximum: 3 years
Part Time: Minimum: 2 years; Maximum: 4 years
|Type of Semester||No. of Semesters||No. of weeks per semester|
|Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time|
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- A Master’s Degree from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other Institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates who a currently registered in a Master’s Degree programme at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and approved by the Graduate Studies Committee of the respective faculty and the Senate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with good honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- A qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate.
The programme objectives are:
- Graduate whom are successful in their career in chemistry.
- Graduates whom are able to set and achieve goals set for their career satisfaction.
- Graduates will continue their professional development.
- Graduates whom are able to engage in the international arena in their careers.
- Graduates who have basic knowledge of research to pursue a doctorate level.
|Course Code||Course Name||Classification
(Major / Minor/ Elective)
|1.||1||UHXP / UHXW 6XX3||Compulsory University Course||Elective||3||Offered by university|
|2.||1||USCP 0010||Research Methodology||Major||0||Offered by faculty|
|3.||1 – 2||MSCK XX00 / MSCK XX10||Thesis||Major||–||Supervisor|
Graduates of the program can work as
- Chemists or scientists in private and government research institutions such as MARDI, PORIM, RRI, PRSS, AMREC, SIRIM and MINT etc
- Lecturers or researchers at higher learning institutions based on their degree qualifications at Masters level
- Officers in agencies or industries in which sound knowledge of chemistry and high levels of generic skills are required.
- Further the study at PhD level.