Programme Name: Doctor of Philosophy, Field of Research : Chemistry
Last update 24 February 2021
- Doctor of Philosophy, Field of Research : Chemistry
- Entry Requirement
- Programme Objectives
- Classification of Subjects
- Career Prospects
|Awarding Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Teaching Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Programme Name||Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry|
||Doctor of Philosophy, Field of Research : Chemistry|
|Professional or Statutory Body of Accreditation
||Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi|
|Language(s) of Instructions
||Bahasa Melayu & English|
|Mode of Study||Conventional|
|Mode of operation||Self-govern|
|Study Scheme||Full Time and Part time|
Full Time: Minimum: 3 years; Maximum: 6 years
Part Time: Minimum: 4 years; Maximum: 8 years
|Type of Semester||No. of Semesters||No. of weeks per semester|
|Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time|
updates : 6 may 2021
The objective of the programme are to produce
- Graduate whom will be successful in their careers especially in the field of chemistry.
- Graduate whom will set and meet their own goals for career fulfillment especially in the field of chemistry.
- Graduate whom will continue professional development.
- Graduate whom will engage the international dimensions of their profession.
|Course Code||Course Name||Classification
(Major / Minor/ Elective)
|1.||1||UHXP / UHXW 6XX3||Compulsory University Course||Elective||3||Offered by university|
|2.||1||USCP 0010||Research Methodology||Major||0||Offered by faculty|
|3.||1 – 3||PSCK XX00 / PSCK XX10||Thesis||Major||–||Supervisor|
Graduates of the program can work as
- lecturers or researchers at higher learning institutions,
- chemists or scientists in private and government research institutions such as MARDI, PORIM, RRI, PRSS, AMREC, SIRIM and MINT etc
- officer in government agencies or industries in which sound knowledge of chemistry and high levels of generic skills are required.