Programme Name: Doctor of Philosophy, Field of Research : Bioscience
- Doctor of Philosophy, Field of Research : Bioscience
- Entry Requirement
- Programme Objectives
- Classification of Subjects
- Career Prospects
- Programme Learning Outcomes
|Awarding Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Teaching Institution||Universiti Teknologi Malaysia|
|Programme Name||Doctor of Philosophy in Bioscience|
||Doctor of Philosophy, Field of Research : Bioscience|
|Professional or Statutory Body of Accreditation
||Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi|
|Language(s) of Instructions
||Bahasa Melayu & English|
|Mode of Study||Conventional|
|Mode of operation||Self-govern|
|Study Scheme||Full Time and Part time|
Full Time: Minimum: 3 years; Maximum: 6 years
Part Time: Minimum: 4 years; Maximum: 8 years
|Type of Semester||No. of Semesters||No. of weeks per semester|
|Full Time||Part Time||Full Time||Part Time|
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
- A Master’s Degree from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other Institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates who a currently registered in a Master’s Degree programme at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, and approved by the Graduate Studies Committee of the respective faculty and the Senate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with good honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- A qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree and experience in the relevant field recognised by the Senate.
PEO1: Knowledgeable and skillful in synthesizing new discoveries in the field of science and mathematics through application of research and innovation skills.
PEO2: Highly proficient in sharing and improving on contemporary solutions and innovations for societal and national advancement in the field of science and mathematics.
PEO3: Endowed with advanced professional skills critical to excel within a multicultural, transnational work and learning environment.
|No||Year offered||Course Code||Course Name||Classification (Major/Minor/Elective)||Credit value||Remarks|
|1||1||UHXP/UHXW 6XX3||Compulsory university course||Elective||3||Offered by University|
|2||1||USCP0010||Research Methodology||Major||0||Offered by Faculty|
Graduates of the program can work as
- Research scientist
- Academician (Tutor, lecturer, teacher)
- Quality control / Assurance Officer
- Product Specialist
- Sales Executive for biotech product
- Environmental safety officer
PLO1 (KW) : Apply knowledge critically and integratively to manage and resolve complex problems or issues through research, using advanced techniques, tools, skills for decision making and producing new ideas and solution
PLO2 (CG): Make substantial contribution through the creation of new knowledge/theories/ solutions/practice through originality and independent research, which satisfies peer reviews and international standards.
PLO3 (PS): Demonstrate mastery of practical skills and scientific skills to solve complex research problems.
PLO4 (IPS): Work to deal with different people in learning and working communities and other groups and networks, ethically and professionally.
PLO5 (CS): Communicate effectively the knowledge, skills, ideas and research findings using appropriate methods to peers, scholarly communities, and societies through various medium.
PLO6 (DS): Use, improve existing or develop new appropriate tools or methodologies using a broad range of information, media and technology to support and enhance research activities.
PLO7 (NS): Undertake critical evaluation of numerical and graphical data.
PLO8 (LAR): Demonstrate leadership, professionalism and management skills, and take full responsibility of own work, and significantly for others in the research.
PLO9 (PRS): Take full responsibility for own work and where relevant be accountable for overall management of one’s research organization and profesional development
PLO10 (ENT): Demonstrate entrepreneurial characteristics.
PLO11 (ETS): Demonstrate adherence to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice as a postgraduate student