B. Sc. in Chemistry
Nama Program: Sarjana Muda Sains Kimia (SSCA)
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
Fulfils University requirements and the following program requirements:
STPM/Matriculation/Science Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.80 and passed with Grade B in Chemistry and Grade B- in ONE (1) of the following subjects: Biology/Mathematics/Physics.
Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 3.00 and passed with credits in Mathematics in the SPM/ equivalent examination.
Program Educational Objectives
The objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Chemistry are to provide the knowledge, skills, and attributes that should be achieved by the graduates for a successful career. The graduate should be able to:
- Become chemists who are competent, innovative and productive in addressing chemistry issues in chemical related industries.
- Develop professionally with proficient soft skills to adapt to a range of contacts and audiences.
- Demonstrate high standard of ethics, pure values and social responsibilities.
Graduates of the program can work as
- chemists or scientists in government research institutions such as MARDI, Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB), RRI, PRSS, AMREC, SIRIM and Malaysia Nuclear Agency (MNA).
- chemists or process engineers in private sectors such as in petrochemicals, rubber, palm oil, pharmaceuticals, textiles and dyes, cosmeceuticals, electronics, water treatment and food processing companies.
- academics or researchers in higher learning institutions, following pursuance of their degree qualifications to Masters or Ph.D levels.
- quality control or quality assurance and marketing officers in agencies or industries in which sound knowledge of chemistry skills are required.
Faculty of Science
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
+ (6) 07-5534050
Undergraduate Office :
Tel : +607-5534043/5534046 (C17)
Postgraduate Office :
Tel : +607-55610357 or +607-5610358 (T05)
For futher details, please visit us at:
Website : science.utm.my
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/FakultiSainsUTM/
Update 30 Dec 2019