B. Sc. in Industrial Chemistry
Nama Program: Sarjana Muda Sains Kimia Industri (SSCC)
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry
Fulfils University requirements and the following program requirements:
STPM/Matriculation/Science Foundation: Minimum CGPA of 2.80 and passed with Grade B in Chemistry and Grade B- in ONE (1) of the following subject: Biology/Mathematics/Physics.
Diploma: Minimum CGPA of 3.00 and passed with credits in Mathematics in the SPM/ equivalent examination.
The objectives of the B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry) program are to provide the knowledge, skills and attributes that should be achieved by the graduates for a successful career. The graduate should be able to:
- Become chemists who are competent, innovative and productive in addressing chemistry issues in chemical related industries.
- Develop professionally with proficient soft skills to adapt to a range of contacts and audiences.
- Demonstrate high standard of ethics, pure values and social responsibilities.
Graduates of the program can work as
- chemists or scientists in government research institutions such as MARDI, Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB), RRI, PRSS, AMREC, SIRIM, Jabatan Kimia Malaysia and Malaysian Nuclear Agency (Nuclear Malaysia).
- chemists or process engineers in private sectors such as in petrochemicals, rubber, palm oil, pharmaceuticals, textiles and dyes, cosmeceuticals, electronics, water treatment and food processing companies.
- academics or researchers in higher learning institutions, following pursuance of their degree qualifications to Masters or PhD levels.
- quality control or quality assurance and marketing officers in agencies or industries in which sound knowledge of chemistry skills are required.
Faculty of Science
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
81310 UTM Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
+ (6) 07-5534050
Undergraduate Office :
Tel : +607-5534043/5534046 (C17)
Postgraduate Office :
Tel : +607-55610357 or +607-5610358 (T05)
For futher details, please visit us at:
Website : science.utm.my
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/FakultiSainsUTM/
Update 30 Dec 2019