The scheme is currently inviting applications.
SLAM provides an invaluable opportunity for early academics to pursue an academic career with the Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). The scheme is part of the succession planning agenda for UTM, particularly in attaining academic staff with doctoral degrees as stipulated in UTM Pekeliling Pentadbiran Bil. 4/2015.
- Malaysian citizen
- Candidate has at least a Second Class Upper Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry or its equivalent with a CGPA. of 3.5 or higher, OR
- Candidate has obtained an outstanding Master’s Degree in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry or its equivalent.
- Candidate has obtained a distinction of grades 1-4 in English and Bahasa Melayu at SPM level or other qualifications received as equivalent.
- Candidate has received an offer to study at the doctoral degree, or master’s degree+doctoral degree programs at universities assigned by UTM.
- age limit for candidates pursuing master’s + doctoral degree programs should not exceed 30 years of age.
- age limit for candidates pursuing doctoral degree programs should not exceed 40 year of age.
For more information on SLAM allowance, Binding Agreement, Duration of Sponsorship etc, please refer here.
How to Apply:
Submit your SLAM application form along with other documents as listed here to:
Faculty of Science,
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia,
For all other enquiries, please contact Faculty of Science, Assistant Registrar: En. Mohd Azahari Bin Ayob, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +607-5534007